100 Killer Post Ideas For Social Media in 2019
Are you stuck in a rut when it comes to generating social media content ideas? Not sure what you should post to actually get likes, comments and shares?
Well, I hope this list will help you never run out of social media content ideas again.
This list of killer ideas covers just about everything you could possibly post on social media. From personal, to business-related, to promotional posts, to entertaining, everything you need to be inspired for a long period.
What’s more, the list is divided into categories so that you can pick an idea for the type of content you have decided to post for this particular day. You know mixing different types of posts is what matters most on social media and keeps your fans engaged.
Bookmark this post and pull it up the next time you go to post on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter.
Create an account on DigitalOcto and schedule your posts well in advance. Then just sit back and relax😊))
1.Share your own story or a story about the company
2. Share your company’s achievements and industry awards
3. Share a photo/ video of your company’s office
4. Share your company’s milestones
5. Share your company’s birthday
6. Share a photo/ video to show your company’s people & culture
7. Share your company’s latest news and announcements
8. Share a new job listing/ advertisement
9. Share an announcement of a new hire or a new team member
10. “Take a trip down memory lane” and share about the early days of your business
11. Introduce a particular employee/ team member by creating a video or a short post
12. “Employee of the month”
13. Share the vision and mission behind your business
14. Share links to your other social media profiles and ask your followers to join you there
Customer testimonials/Opinions/UGC (user-generated content)
15. Share a customer review/ testimonial
16. Interview a customer/ client
17. Ask your audience for reviews or testimonials
18. Ask your customers what products or services would they like to see you offer
19. Ask for customer feedback about a new feature, project, event, or your post
20. Share user-generated content: find what other people talk about your brand and re-share these posts with your audience.
21. Fan photos: Search for hashtags related to your business or products, and share a customer photo on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest
22. Fan of the month: Acknowledge your brand ambassadors and let them know they’re appreciated.
23. Ask for stories about your product– create a contest or post asking customers for interesting stories about them using your product, or how it has affected their life in some way.
Resources from other sources:
24. Share an industry news: stay on top of breaking news and be among the first to report it. According to recent research, 2/3 of Americans now get their news from social media.
25. Share a helpful resource from others
26. Share a quick tip/ advice in your industry
27. Share an interesting industry research/ finding
28. Give a shout out to another local business or organization
29. Promote a partner or a brand that supplements your business
30. Link to an industry-related IFTTT recipe: Haven’t heard of IFTTT (short for If This Then That)? You need to check it out. Then share a link to a recipe your followers would find useful.
Fun and engaging posts:
31. Share an intriguing photo and ask your audience/ fans to guess what it is
32. Share quotes — Humorous, inspiring or motivational quotes always perform well
33. Share something fun like memes or GIFs (T.G.I.F)
34. Share an upcoming holiday
35. Share a seasonal fact/ photo/ video
36. Hold a quiz
37. Hold a contest
38. Host a giveaway
39. Create a poll and get the opinion of your fans
40. Hold a debate about a topic
41. Fill-in-the-blank with topics varied from business/product related to Industry related to holiday & festive to random.
42. Share a shocking statistic or fascinating fact
43. Share a favorite book
44. “A day in the life” of a designer/ developer/ director/ CEO
45. “Caption this” and ask your fans to come up with creative captions for a photo
46. Ask a close-ended or Yes/No question
47. Ask a True/ False question
48. Share a photo of something that is funny, interesting, thought-provoking, sweet
49. Start a 30-day challenge
50. Share a photo/ video from an event/ workshop/ conference your company attended
51. Promote an event your company is going to attend
52. Share an event your company is hosting
Blog post and other content (your own)
53. Share the latest blog post from your website
54. Reshare an old, high-performing blog post
55. Repurpose an old resource in a new format (for example, convert a long blog post into an infographic)
56. Share (and ask for) predictions about a current event and happening: For instance, “I predict that Germany will win the World Cup. Who do you think will win?”.
57. Do a post series about a relevant topic
58. Get your employees to create their own photo/ blog post/ video and share their thought
59. Share a funny or emotional story relevant to your business
60. Share the top myths surrounding your industry
61. Run a monthly/ weekly series (roundtable, podcast, AMA, etc.)
62. Recommend a tool: Share a (preferably free) tool or resource you think your followers would find useful.
63. Post a branded image: post a funny or inspirational image with your logo or website URL on it. You can easily create amazing graphics with online editing tools like DesignPro
64. Link to a case study
65. Weekly round up: Post a list of the ‘must read’ articles for the week.
66. Post an expert quote: Ask an industry expert a question and post their answer on social media. This is great for getting retweets and shares.
67. Offer a sneak peek: Whet your fans’ appetites by showing a sneak peek of an upcoming blog post, contest or product launch.
68. Respond to a tag or mention: See who’s been trying to get your attention and respond to them in a post.
69. Post a screenshot of a social media conversation (with permission): Add your own thoughts to the conversation.
70. Tips– Write a how-to guide to help your audience, tips for saving money, getting organized, or places to see on vacation.
71. Themed days — Motivational Mondays, FAQ Fridays, etc.
72. Predictions — People love reading about what the pro’s predict, so share your insights
73. Q&A session — Take questions from your audience on social media and turn into a question and answer session to increase engagement and provide exceptional customer service.
74. Statistics or data: Share new, relevant industry statistics (these perform great in terms of retweets and shares)
75. Share a how-to/ tutorial explaining how a feature or tool works
76. Share your own or curated infographic
77. Share a link to your free resources (ebooks, white papers, infographics or other downloadable content)
78. Share a personal thing like where you’re going during the day, or what you did yesterday
79. Share an excerpt from a book you’re reading
80. Talk about success and how to achieve success
81. Talk about failure and what not to do to avoid failure
82. Share a checklist to achieve something
83. Share your opinion about an existing problem in your community/ society/ country
84. Tell about your mistake, what you lost and what you learned
85. Promote your products or services: You need to be very careful when it comes to promotions. There’s a time and a place for self-promotion on social media, but first and foremost, use social media to build relationships, establish trust, and build your reputation as an industry expert. When people do want to buy, who do you think they’ll come to first?
86. Product comparisons– Compare your own products against each other, or share your comments about a line of products.
87. Ask your fans to upload photos of them using your products and tag your company
88. Post a creative/ unexpected use for your product
89. Share a photo/ video of your product
90. Share a list of Do’s and Don’ts about your product or service
91. Product photos: Work best on sites like Pinterest or Instagram. Think about how you can add a unique angle to the shots (e.g. an employee actually using the product, a customer-submitted photo, etc.).
92. Recommend your favorite products: If you’re an e-commerce site, share a list of your top sellers or highest-rated products. If you’re a service provider, share a list of the products that help you succeed in your business.
93. Share a limited time offer on a product or service
94. Run a social-exclusive offer
95. Splash offers work well
96. Sale offers related to holidays
97. Share your own creatives — banners/newsletters//ads
98. Share deals and discounts
99. Promote free delivery
100. Share freebies